looking back over the summer/new goals

At the beginning of the summer I set some goals. You might remember...
I wanted to lose 5 pounds, run a faster 10K, and explore at least 2 trails by September. Now, I'm checking in.
I have not lost 5 pounds, but I have tried. My hormones are still off track, so I probably just kep myself from gaining which is also a good thing. It's next to impossible to lose weight with hormones out of whack.
I didn't manage to run my 10k until yesterday. I ran it at about the same pace as my last 10k...but I thought I wasn't going to get very far (snow ahead) so I started out too fast and was slower at the end. And my short runs are faster. So, I'm making progress.
I did explore not only 2 trails, but 4. And I loved them! Next summer will be so fun!
I have another shot at a faster 10k on October 25th. I'm planning to run the Nike+ Human Race that day.
I've begun Chalean Extreme weight training again, too. Re-focusing. Re-grouping. Re-joicing. As Ruth says, "Progress, not perfection!"

Comments

Ruthie said…
ahh.. love it..
remember..

remember when you first began? now you never quit

remember not ever running? now you run

remember thinking your little town would make fun of you for running? and now how many just expect it :)

sooo cool how the who you wanted to be is what you have become!

yes... progress! yes! woowhoo!

heard it snowed! got those long distance skis out and ready? :)
Unknown said…
This winter is going to be VERY GOOOOOD! It was a great summer too, and I'm so proud of you!

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New