fun?

Ruth is Right. I miss running for fun. I thought that I could work on speed during the week and then relax into a long run on the weekends, and maybe so. But I ran only the relaxed runs so far in this training schedule to increase speed. I didn't "get to" the intervals or the tempo run, and I'm not going to run 4 fast miles today (on the schedule) because tomorrow is the "Human Race 10K."
It really doesn't matter if I'm faster or slower, but I'm slower than the other gals who run around here and I would like to keep up and run with them. Two friends (maybe 3) are planning to run with me on Saturday for the 10K which would be fun except that I know how slow I am and I'm skeered. If only I were a little faster. And when they run with me, they will see how slow I am and won't want to run with me ever again. Running alone is great fun, but I'd like to be ABLE to run with them. And running the trails alone can be sort of a bad idea. Think: mountain lions.
So, do I just relax and not worry about gaining speed and run just for myself...no need to enter organized runs or run with others? Or do I go through the motions of training to gain a few seconds and still be slower than everyone else?

Comments

Unknown said…
maybe a little bit of both!
JRo said…
Um, mountain lions would be enough of a motivator to me to keep up with the girls! ;) haha. I have this deep fear of those because of a story in a Laura Ingalls book...
Ruthie said…
I am still in favor of a GI Jane look for you as you go run! you could carry it off beautifully!

I am doing the half on the 1st :) ha of Jan.

Just couldnt get in the mood of running those short distances. (weird huh) and I am now very excited about my future plan :)

I vote for whatever gives you more motivation, what makes it fun, what make you want to keep doing this.

remembering its a lifetime thing and eventually all those girls you want to run with -will get "slower" (if that is what you insist on calling yourself) in 10 or 15 years and you will be right beside or behind you :) so.. i decided for me its all relative and the most important thing is to keep moving and keep motivated.

you choose whats best for you.. what will get you out the door? what makes you want to keep going?

cant wait to hear what you decide

(dear mountain lions please stay very far away from my friend)

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New