running tunes...
Ruthie posted some favorite running tunes and so here are some of mine:
The Eleventh Hour-Jars of Clay
Someday-Sugar Ray
I Ain't Gonna Stand for It-Eric Clapton
Good Things-BoDeans
360 Degrees of You-SHeDaisy
Float On-Modest Mouse
Don't Get Comfortable-Brandon Heath
Paralyzer-Finger Eleven
The Lucky One-Allison Krauss
We Didn't Start the Fire-Billy Joel
She Moves in Her Own Way-The Kooks
Relax, Take It Easy-Mika
If I Was Jesus-Paul Colman
Paradise-BoDeans
So, then I was thinking...what goes into choosing songs for a runlist? Well, some of them remind me of a person. Some, of a time in my life. Some just have a good beat, and some are for the lyrics, like "Relax, Take It Easy," and the guy cracks me up in his spandex pink pants with his suspenders. If you've never heard of the BoDeans, check them out on itunes! Jars of Clay are just my favorite, and they make almost every runlist. And I imagine myself as Allison Krauss because she's so talented...I'm weird, I know. But my mind has fun while I run.
More later about that mental tug-o-war Ruthie also mentioned....
Comments
I want to know the artist for your dance thats coming up... i want to run to your dance music :) who is it?