Mulling things over...

What a sense of accomplishment to have achieved yet another goal...  Another half-marathon!
And what a sense of loss of purpose.  One day, I knew what I was working toward and the next day, I began wondering what to work for next.  It's a good kind of a loss because it comes with great gain.  But, still...I feel a little, well, lost.
I have some weight to lose.  And I got my Beachbody Chalean Extreme in the mail over the weekend.  So, I've been contemplating exactly how to go about losing the extra weight.  I also still want to run and run far....  I think I'll take "before" pics tomorrow and take measurements and plan a clean menu and begin Chalean, but I also want to continue my runs and stick with a long run each weekend.  I want to keep up the distance and get to the point where 10 miles becomes easy enough to begin working on speed at that distance and maybe run another 10k with a faster pace.  
I had thought about another half in the fall in Moab, Utah.  But it's so expensive....  Alas, I think I will have to pass.  Besides, as I ran my half I realized something about myself.  I really love to run FOR ME.  I love the solitude.  I love the time.  When I ran the 10k back in June, I didn't feel like I was running with the same calm.  Maybe I'm just not ready for organized races and maybe I never will be.  I like my trails and my quiet alone time.  I like to run faster than I did last time and not to worry about anyone else.  I like to feel each moment and move in it.  I will certainly not win a race, so why rely on someone else's organized race when I can organize my own distance?  So, I want to run a 10K in September that is faster than my June 10K.  I want to lose at least 5 pounds of body fat by gaining muscle and eating right by September, and I want to try out at least 2 new trails this summer.  
Anyone want in on the virtual-ness of running my September 10k faster than the last?  T-shirts for all partakers...
Here's what you do:  Choose 3 goals, one is the faster 10k, but the other two are yours...what is something you really want for yourself for goal #2?  And for goal #3, what brings you into new territory..out of your box?  Leave the goals in the comments, and plan your attack.  September is looking gooood!

Comments

carla said…
so proud of you and admire what youve done.

Carla
Sarah said…
I like it!

I'm in.

My thoughts on organized running vs solitary running echo yours completely right now.

1. I would like to run a faster 10K with you.

2. I'd like to keep doing a longer run every other weekend or so, to keep me geared up to start training for a marathon in the future.

3. I would like to continue to throw myself into swimming better throughout this summer and fall to the point where I can start thinking about doing a swimming race some day too.

Thanks Josha!
Ruthie said…
still thinking :)

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New