eight miles

I woke up to a rainy day yesterday.  After oatmeal and a boiled egg, I sipped on coffee and looked out at my 8-mile day.  My food all settled, I stuffed sunscreen, chapstick, twizzlers, these, and a waterproof shell into my camelbak pack which was filled with water.

I ran my 8 miles over hill and over dell...mostly over hill.  I ran from my house up and up past the Hard Tack mine, to the tiptop of the Ute Oulay mine and back again.  It rained on me only a little, which is good, because I brought the wrong shell...it was my 10 year-old's and the sleeves came just below my elbows.  I wore it anyway for the top part of my run.  Toward the end, I was wishing I had packed some TP.  Roughed it out in the bushes before heading all the way back in to what felt like the finish.  

I was dreaming of protein shakes simply because that would be fast and easy, but when I opened the door, the house smelled so much better than my dreams.  My 14 year-old had made lunch!  So I sucked down yummy coconut curry chicken with rice with great delight before soaking in a welcomed hot bath.  I didn't feel back to normal until after fajitas at our friends' house later, though, and still, I was ready for bed.

Ever had a wonderful day like that?

Comments

Ruthie said…
wow... what a great day!
sounds awesome!
love your 8!
can you believe it! 8 miles! so cool!

were gonna rock the half! yes we are :)
Ruthie said…
wonderin.
goin to the dr tomorrow
will be interesting to see what he says....

you sore from all those miles?
Ruthie said…
where are you? :)