two more posts on my 13.1 mile experience

This week, I've been resting.  So, I thought I'd use this time to gather thoughts to share about the half-marathon Sara and I completed on the 19th.  This is the next to the last post on that topic before I lay it to rest.

I thought I'd share some mistakes I made, so here is a "not-to-do" list when running a long distance run:

  • Don't be so excited that you forget breakfast like I did.  It was an afternoon run and I totally forgot to eat breakfast.  Not a good thing.
  • Don't stop for long at the water stations.  I was super excited that my family had a water station set up for me and I let myself get too "cooled down" at the water stations.
  • Don't leave your jacket at the water station.  You might need it later like I did.
  • Don't forget to clip your toenails even if you don't think you need to.
  • Don't forget to loosen your shoes about halfway through.
  • Don't forget a kneeband if you wear one normally and have problems with "runner's knee.

Comments

Ruthie said…
cant wait to see the next one :)
i am still so excited for you!!!
13.1 is a LONG Way!

so very cool!
Unknown said…
Love that you posted those! We'll need them before our next long distance!
carla said…
ok the toenail thing? sounds so RANDOM and SO LIKE SOMETHING ID FORGET TO DO....

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New