December 6th

I signed up for the Winter Sun 10K on Dec. 6!

AND I ran my 8 miles yesterday without getting rained on MUCH.  Only a few drops when I was nearly home.  Yesterday was a crisp, cool day and I thought the run would feel so good.  It did, but was also HARD for some reason.  I just crawled up the hills yesterday, but I made it and without walking.  So, life lesson:  Crawling still gets you over the top and then the downhill is easy!

So, what is it with the first and the last miles?  My last 2 runs have been so hard to get going and so hard to finish....

Like so many things.  I remember 2 years ago just getting started on my journey to fitness...how hard it was.  And now, with just a little extra around the middle, motivation to lose that last little bit is tough!  With my son's progression out of autism...So hard to get over the grieving and get to the grit of running a program for him that would ease him out of the depths.  Now, he is so close to "norm" that it's easy to be satisfied with things and take a breather from all the hard work and dedication.  That first and last mile...how do you deal with them?  Slow down?  Speed up?  Steady pace?  More gatorade?  Change direction?  

Comments

Fit Mommy said…
Consider your first and last miles as your warmup and cool down! 1 mile, stop and stretch. Last mile, go easy. Less gatorade and more HEED. gatorade is sugar, salt and water. sugar is not good for endurance athletes like you. You might also need a gel on your long runs for energy. anything over an hour will require more than water.
Ruthie said…
so.. you just rock.
thats all.

(run for me!)

r
carla said…
I, too, struggle with this (can I say that when most of my runs are ONLY 2 miles? not kidding...)

so Ill be back to see what other people have to offer.

Miz. (email me if you would EVER CONSIDER a guest post on food/autism)
Unknown said…
youre the best and i love you. also, I miss you. also, i love my husband! :-D thanks for being so easy to talk to.

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New