8 mile day
This whole running thing is a metaphor for me. I wrote about that here. I also write about autism and my son a lot. My life is filled with my children, homeschooling, and autism in particular. So, I end up writing about, thinking about these things that consume my time. As I looked UP the curving road toward a destination I couldn't see, I was reminded of my metaphor. I thought of how UPHILL days with an autistic child can be, of working toward a destination that I can't see, and I thought of "conquering." Then, I decided that really, what I want is more than just to conquer. I wanted to relax, not worry about the outcome, and enjoy what I have and where I am. So, that's what I did. For me, this is symbolic of my work with my children and especially with my child with autism. I don't know what is around the top of that bend, I do know it will be work to find out, and I make my choice, as always, to relax into my son's life and enjoy our world together regardless of the work or the outcome.
8 miles. :) Here's the skinny on the run: I walked for a few minutes at the halfway point to drink some water and eat some dried cherries I'd brought with me for energy. The hills were killer, but great. Coming back down them was super hard on my knees, so I took advil and iced my knees when I got home. I still feel them, though. BOTH knees. :(
8 miles. :) Here's the skinny on the run: I walked for a few minutes at the halfway point to drink some water and eat some dried cherries I'd brought with me for energy. The hills were killer, but great. Coming back down them was super hard on my knees, so I took advil and iced my knees when I got home. I still feel them, though. BOTH knees. :(
Comments
EIGHT MILES! ... way to go!
bet it was wonderful.
the best thing i like about running is that i feel so different afterward... so centered. so relaxed. so much more of who i was when i was a kid. ... love it
and I love your sentence about relaxing into your sons life.
I know this isnt the point but I am in awe of and work to emulate your childrearing attitude.
M.
8 miles! You Rock!
I was afraid to run outside for fear even the wild animals would laugh at the chubby lady trying to run? 8 miles! yeah!
Carla, thanks! and maybe it's all related, huh?
Saucha, keep on living and enjoying it moment by moment, right?
YOU are AMAZING and I love you...