run on...

We had such a fun weekend!  But I didn't get to run my 6 mile run, so I thought I'd run it today.  Instead, my hubby took the day off from work (sort of--his sweet sis offered to take things over so he could spend time with me and the kids before leaving town tomorrow...turns out he isn't leaving tomorrow after all...), so I didn't want to spend the time to run 6 miles.  This week is off anyway because I have an extra week in my training schedule between now and Oct. 19 (half marathon day).  I had decided just to repeat last week's schedule so that next week can be my longest run before I taper my training schedule down for the last 3 weeks before the race.  That meant a 6 mile run this past weekend.  My runs this week are to be 60 minutes anyway, so that's around 6 miles for every run this week.  So, today, I did a half a run!  I ran 30 minutes with Banjo who was so exhausted by the time we got home.  Again, he was so fun to be with, even though we had to chase a squirrel for a minute.  
I will lift tomorrow and run again on Wednesday (or so goes the plan).  That run will be 60 minutes (or so goes the plan.)  And then I'll lift again on Thursday and run again for 60 minutes on Friday (or so....plan.)  And all this builds up to the thought that amazes me...next weekend is my 10 mile run that doesn't scare me at all.  I'm ready for it and I plan to take the hilly route up to the mine and back.  

Comments

Ruthie said…
woooooo whoooo

all i have to say.

woooooo whooo
carla said…
Im with ruthie and look forward to your post after you NAIL THAT TEN MILE GOAL!

Miz.

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New