halloween candy

I stuffed the teeny pocket in my running skirt with candy corn and sharkies, thinking "I love an excuse to eat halloween candy!" Then, I headed out the door for my longest run before the half. After today's run, I taper my runs down to give my body a chance to recover from training before the half-marathon on October 19th. Today's run was 10 miles, and I knew I'd need some energy (aka, candy corn) and I wanted to try the sharkies before packing some for m
y half. The sharkies are energy (sugar) and electrolytes. I grabbed my favorite water bottle and took off! I really like this water bottle (mine's green) because it's BPA free and it fits my hand just right. So, I've mentioned before that my favorite run is up a very gradual incline until about 2.5 miles up where it becomes a steep, continuous climb. For the next 2.5 miles, I ran (sloooowly) up and up through the rain, up past the Ute Mine which is what's left of an old silver mine. It's really a remarkable sight, tumbling down as it is, and constructed on the cliff of the canyon that the river-sized creek has cut through the rocky mountains. There is lots of it still intact, and I always wonder who lived and died there and what it must have been like. I didn't dawdle, though, because I was sooooooo cold!! I was drenched and cold. A man stopped and offered me a ride, but I declined, knowing that I'd run back down out of the rain. And I did. Then, along came my support vehicle. My hubby and kids came to bring me a jacket and take pictures! They're so cute and so proud. I got a lump in my throat knowing that. I think I've won even before the race has begun.
Comments
Im getting so excited FOR YOU.
for me? not so much.
Im dragggggging my feet and still havent signed up for the 10.11 5K I say Im doing :)
thanks for coming by yesterday & commenting.
cant wait to get my milage back up to 10, i will feel much better when i can get longer runs in ..
GREAT JOB!
GREAT PICTURE!
Way to go!
you rock