NO COMPLAINTS TODAY!

I had a spectacular run today.  Well, I thought so.  You fast people wouldn't be impressed.  :)

I THINK I've officially decided to train for a half marathon with the mindset that if it spoils the fun of running for me, I'll step back and at least I'll be farther along with my endurance and speed than I am now.  I'm thinking of the Nike+ Run Like a Girl race on October 17th.  I'm counting Monday's miserable run as my first training workout, but I deleted it from my Nike plus, so if you check my nike+ widget, you will see my second workout as my first.  Anyway, today, I was to run for 30 minutes (no walking) and then cool down and run 4 "pick-ups" (30 second sprints for form practice).  So, that is what I did.  With my usual pokey speed, I ran 2.5 miles in my 30 minutes, and then 4 nicely done sprints up and down my driveway hill.  

My next run is Saturday's "long run" for 2 miles.  Seems a little short for a long run since I ran 2.5 today.  LOL  Tomorrow is lifting day, legs.  I plan to take it easy on legs at least until I see how this all goes.

Some joyful tidbits about my run...
2 butterflies took turns leading me along
The river was especially beautiful with the sun sparkling on it and its little white caps
A very pretty bird flew right across my path
No naked people were standing around the sauna (could consider this either bad or good; I thought it was good considering the last naked guys who were there)
my ipod played some of my favorite tunes
I had time to thank God for important people in my life like Sara who was in the playroom working with my son at that very moment
I pondered my son's learning program and where to take it next...we have new volunteers, so I need to get some thoughts gathered, so this was good
I love sprints, so the ending was fun for me.

Hoping you found some joy today too!

Comments

Unknown said…
Hooray for you! I'm so glad today was good for you! Today was good for me too even though I didn't get to run - he's not leaving!!!! :-D
sauchagirl said…
Sounds wonderful. So glad you have made a decision. Have fun!

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New