making good time

I got out the door for my 30 minute run early yesterday morning.  I have family in town, so I had to get to it early or not at all.  Not at all was not an option.  I felt great, had great energy, and felt like a kid for a large portion of my run.  I ran the farthest I've run in 30 minutes (2.78 mi).  My pace was 10:50...getting faster.  My plan is to run 4 miles on Sunday.  I think I'll like the 4 mile run because I really don't get "warmed up" completely until late in my run, so the second half feels better than the first.  The beginning of each run, I want to STOP.  Then a mile goes by and I feel better and then the second mile goes by and I feel more relaxed and can look around me more and enjoy the scenery without slowing down for it.  How do you relax in the first part of the run?  I want to enjoy it ALL!  I think the fourth mile will be like dessert.  We'll see.

Comments

Ruthie said…
yes sir re.. sounds like a distance runner talking to me :)

i dont get to feeling good until after the first mile either.. I think its just your bodies way of needing to wake up :) .. so i try and sometimes not listen to my ipod during that time and take in the sounds around me instead to enjoy.. OR i do listen to my ipod by make it something i love.
i also just keep telling myself. .. the longer i go the better i feel and that runners high at mile 5 is just ahead and i will feel GREAT.. like a kid.

and i do.. wish it happened before mile 5 though :)

way to go getting it done with company! thats a feat!
Unknown said…
Hooray for you! After reading about that runners high at mile 5 - I'm looking forward to next week! Thanks for being such a help this week despite your family being here!
JRo said…
I don't think there is anything wrong with not liking the first mile so much. It often takes me THREE miles to really feel good! Just our bodies warming up.
Think about how it feels to just hop out of bed and hit the door running if you have to get up hours before you normally do... takes you a minute to shake the sleep out, right? I think it is the same thing here...

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New