Day one of the new blitz

Today marks day one of our latest workout plans!  Eating is still BFL style.  Lifting is from Maximum Growth.  And Cardio is Running for Mortals' Run 5K plan.  That is how it stands right now anyway.  I know that it will stay this way for 4 weeks, which is our "change it up" date, except that I may change the cardio to train for a Half with Ruth.  

Today, I ran on my new (old) treadmill that we got over the weekend at a garage sale.  It's temporary until we decide what we want to get.  It was rainy outside and I thought I'd just try it out.  It doesn't go very fast, so I thought I'd do my conversational level run on it.  It nearly killed me, I'm pretty sure.  Here's what happened.  

The treadmill is set on its steepest incline.  I can't figure out how to lower it.  I think, oh well, I'll run uphill then.  Well, I walked as much or more than running and today marks the slowest mile I've ever gone!  lol
Then, my foot stepped half on and half off the belt causing a near fatality.  And motivation was super low as was inspiration.  The treadmill is small, too, so my stride was off from usual.  All around bad time.  So, I turned the thing off half way through the workout and went outside to run the circle drive uphill and down, round and round.  I figured that if it rained, I'd be close to home!   I like for running to be fun and today wasn't especially.  Maybe next time I'll feel inspired to train for a half, but not today!

Lifting was great!  I will definitely feel all of it tomorrow.  That incline has my quads feeling like mush, and side raises did my shoulders in for sure!  So good to be back on a disciplined plan after all the vacationing!

Comments

Ruthie said…
yeah.. i dont like running on the mill at all anymore. I need to invest in some winter running gear so i can get out in stead of staying in.

I had a friend who's favorite time to run was in the rain! maybe you should buy a slicker to run in :)

you could do the half.. its worth the training. I started off hating to run distance.. now .. its my newest love :)

i still need a picture of you in your wedding dress please :)

great job on getting back to it all.. so cool
:)r
Unknown said…
Only one thing to say today - owwwwwwww.
sauchagirl said…
So glad you're back at the weights. Gives me something to aspire to. That treadmill experience sounds awful. Running is not much fun to begin with. Add a bad experience and I'll bet you won't do it anymore. :)

Have a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New