Hiit training

just stepped off the elliptical...whew!!
Here is some information off the Bestabs (shawn phillips) message board concerning Hiit...

The sprints should be 2-4 times as long as the recovery.  The longer the sprint, the longer you can allow for recovery, but remember that it's not supposed to be "comfortable."  Force yourself to sprint again.

So, I forced myself to sprint again and again, but my recovery time still is equal to my sprint time even when my sprint is only 30 seconds.  It's not that I am going for comfort...or I'd sit on the couch!  It just takes at least 30 seconds to recover.  Maybe I'm running too hard?  What do any of your intervals look like?


Comments

Ruthie said…
great job girlfriend!
I just do hiits and if I am dying at then end then I call it good,. I will start doing hiits again tomorrow.. will be first time back at it since I was sick.. thanks for motivating me to get back to it!

blessings
r
Josha said…
what about your recovery time? How many hiits in 20 minutes
Ruthie said…
i just run as fast as I can until i cant and then rest until I can breath again.. I will track it tomorrow and let you know.. hard to say..by the 5th one if I feel like I am going to be almost sick.. then i know I am doing good (just kiddin)

I remember when I was running them all the time I did maybe between 7 or 8 hiits .. in 20 mins.. thats with about a 5 min warm up though ..
Unknown said…
my recovery time is always long - I feel like it takes me forever to catch my breath and I've always had problems with getting side cramps - suggestions, thoughts??
JW said…
Oops... I have been doing 1 minute high and 1:30 recovery. It is HARD to go 1 minute hard, though and I need that recovery time. Or, maybe I don't.. lol. I will try knocking off 30 seconds of recovery. If I am on the treadmill I also get side cramps, so I have been doing my HIITs on the bike. I am swearing like a sailor during my high points, though, so I know I am not comfortable! lol
sauchagirl said…
Thanks for checking out my blog and encouraging me. I will be checking back to gather info.

thanks

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New