This means YOU!

I have a few things to blog about:
  • My hip and Chiropractic adjustment
  • local 5k walk
  • a trail or two
  • transformation
So, Item Number 1: My hip and Chiro adjustment.....
I've had hip pain for the last 13 years. Yes, it has taken me 13 years to actually decide to spend the time and money on this problem. I have just ignored it. But running longer distances has made me think things like, "If I keep ignoring it, and it isn't going away, am I injuring myself to the point where I won't be ABLE to run?" So, off to the chiropractor I went. My sacrum was out of place and my left hip (the problem hip) was lower than my right. I got it adjusted, then was soooooo sore for the next few days. Then, better, then hurting again....back to the chiropractor for more adjustments.... Until, finally it stayed in place. I've been doing squats and one-legged squats and stretching to strengthen the muscles that have been out of place for so long....hoping that my body would adjust to the correct placement. It was working and I was mostly pain-free. Then, I caught a cold. It all slipped out again and since it is an hour to the chiropractor's office, I didn't get it re-adjusted immediately. 2 weeks later (Friday, last week) I had it adjusted again. Have been soooooo sore since then. Today, I can feel the soreness lessening. This brings me to item #2...

Item Number 2: Local 5K walk.....
Because of the soreness, I decided to walk the 5K on Saturday. It was fun, but weird to walk. I ran the 10K last year and had planned to run the 5K this year. Last year was my first ever organized race, so I had no idea what I was doing. I was dead last, which was ok except that last never feels as good as first, and except that the sweep vehicle was hot on my heels the whole way. Like, I was breathing exhaust. I hated it, and vowed to run the 5K run/walk so that I wouldn't have that experience again. But, the walk idea was definitely better for my bones this year.

Item Number 3: A Trail or Two.....
Last summer, I made it a goal to try out at least 2 trails. I think I tried 4?? This summer, you can't keep me off them. I took the Larsen trail up to Thompson Lake the other day with Sara and Gracyn. It turned out to be more of a hike up and then a run down, but so fun. I've taken the teepee trail twice, the first time with my friend, Lydia. The second was yesterday with my friend, Sara. I keep running the Lake to Lake trail because I love it so much. I plan to try them all! :)

Item Number 4: Transformation.....
Over a year ago, I bought an ebook called Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle. That computer died, trapping my ebook inside, so I never even got started on the program. They keep sending me emails and I got one the other day about joining their body composition transformation. So, I joined. I've enjoyed body for life so much and had such success that I thought this would be fun too. I've gained about 15 or so pounds back during this past year as I've struggled with hormone imbalance-thyroid stuff. So, I'm excited to lose it again! It was so fun to lose it the first time around, it will be doubly grand to lose it again! This means YOU, Muffin Top!


Comments

Ruthie said…
LIKE. IT.

:)

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New