report
Report on workouts...
Lifting, Running (sprints) and a trail for fun, jumprope, yoga, and turbokick with some friends this morning. I've been having fun and getting fit. I keep forgetting to post about my summer challenge. I've entered a summer challenge from BFFM. The summer challenge is a 98 day challenge, and I've lost some fat so far.....!!!!!!
My muffin top is getting smaller, and I'm down from 149.5 pounds to 145.5 pounds! This is very exciting to me because I began this journey several years ago at 183 pounds. With Body for Life, I lost 50 pounds. Then, my thyroid medicine was changed and I got all out of hormonal whack! I've gained 15 or so pounds back even though I've continued exercise. I got kind of deflated about it and so lax about eating. I've tried several times to lose the weight I've gained, but to no avail, but now, I think my hormone levels are more back to what they should be and this time, it's working! I've also brought back the Hiit interval training. I'm still running endurance running, but have added sprints and jumprope, Hiit style.
Also, I had built up to 20 push ups in one set. After not doing them for a long time, I found I could do exactly....NONE. So, I'm working on that! And where I could once do 2 chin ups, I couldn't them any more. So, I'm working on that too!
Some goal changes....
With my hip problems, I've let go of the goal of running the 18 mile trail run in July and I've let go of running 15 miles before the end of June. I've just had to alter my distance, no choice if I want to keep from seriously injuring myself. But, I am planning 8 miles tomorrow if the weather allows, Monday if its raining tomorrow. And I plan to run a July 4th Half Marathon. We may end up with company on the fourth, and if we do, I'll have to choose another day close to the fourth. But it is the traditional "Freedom Half." I've already designed our Tee Shirts!
Freedom Runners will be Ruthie, Sara, and myself.
Comments
i am off to view the shirts.. i tried on joels ipod and it didnt work... and then i forgot.. (new blogger template designing distracted me :)