Happy trails

2.5 mile run, then sprints. Yoga tonight with new teacher.

I loved this.  Maybe you will get something from it as well!

My kids are so great. Our whole family has learned so much from my son who has autism about "living right now." We have had a choice... we can yearn for what is not, worry about what's to come, or love what is now.
Yearning for what is not: KK is not the little boy I expected. He was a normal baby who began to regress at about 17 mo of age. (I could go into a long oration about immunizations....won't right now) I could cry and pine for the little boy that I had expected, but I would miss the little boy that I actually have.
Worrying about what's to come: I could worry over his future or the future of my other 2 children as affected by this turn of events. Again, I'd miss the little boy I have right NOW.
Loving what IS: Because I gave myself the power to decide what is good or bad, and I own the ability to make my own choices, I can see what I have NOW as GOOD and love the little one who is in our family right now. By doing this, he feels the love and acceptance that I want for him and his future is brighter as he makes his own choices to be a part of things in our family and in the world around him. I don't know what his future holds, but the best way I can control that is to let it go and live NOW.
Isn't that a great way to live LIFE?
Let it go and live NOW. Embrace what IS.

Comments

carla said…
as per yer comment yesterday:
I LOVED THAT QUOTE and am a big Body For Life fan as well.