realizations

I am proud to announce that I did *not* keep my pace within my goal time of below 11 min/mi today.  
I was thinking after my last run when I was struggling along thinking, "no way can I run 5 miles," that really I'm impatient with myself.  I'm trying to go too fast too soon.  Could explain my knee pain, huh?  I'm busy worrying that I'm slower than I want to be and losing the joy of the movement of both scenery and my body and mind.  So, I determined that I would go however slowly it takes for me to enjoy my run and feel good, keeping a steady pace that is trully conversational.  I DID it!  I enjoyed miles 1 through 5 and didn't check to see what my pace was throughout the entire run.  I could smile and breathe easily and could have told you a fairy tale if you'd been beside me.  I was super slow.  hahaha  then, the second half I felt myself naturally speed up and I never lost my rhythm, keeping a steady, faster pace.  I loved all 5 miles.  I never even wanted to walk.  My knee felt good (although, now it bugs me) and I smiled and waved at all the passers by.  
PR:  5 miles without a care about my speed

Comments

Ruthie said…
that a girl!
way to go!
its not how fast.. its how fun!

horrah for a new PR>
way to go!

loved this post.
carla said…
I enjoyed it as well.
and wanted to thank you so much for your thoughts/comments today.

MizFit
Unknown said…
Woohoo for both of us! I'm going to say it again - I want to run!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New