new things
I ran a good, strong 3 miles today and my knee is only nagging me ever so slightly! My nike plus said, "congratulations! you just ran your fastest mile so far!" I like the "so far" part because I'm not planning for this to be the fastest mile ever. I started off slowly and decided that I'd try to notice things I hadn't noticed before. Here is my list of new things I noticed today on my 3 mile run:
cute tiny yellow flowers that are shaped like starbursts
there are two kinds of little white barbie bouquet flowers, not just one
a brilliant yellow and black bird with an orange head and neck
a lady bug on a green leaf
a perfectly flat rock that would make a great little table
a pretty little line of rocks in the creek that change the direction of the water's flow
a giant boulder in the creek that changes the sound of the water
not all purple is the same...so many shades
Great second half of the run with lots of energy-that's where the fast mile comes in to the picture! I love my little trail!
Hurray for running the whole 3 miles and my knee feeling better!!!
Comments
love your post.. what a beautiful run.
how far next week?
that started me thinking...THATS the reason I should run more...to notice my environment.
far more of a motivation than calories burned IMO.
have a great day!
MizFit