moving on

I followed some advice from an avid long-distance runner and ordered the item you see here.  Now, as Ruth says, I will be ultra-cool, injured and all.  It's a compression band to help my knee cap stay in its track.  I'm sure that what happened is that I turned my foot out as I ran up hills...those who know me know that I am masochistic and like to run uphill sprints and long gradual inclines (so that I can run DOWN)...turning my foot out injured my knee and now my knee can't get completely over it because...well, I use it you know.  So, today is the last day of rest for Ms. Knee before my 3 mile run tomorrow which will be (as usual) very slow and easy.  I'll keep icing it and my compression band should arrive soon.  The idea is that my knee will be held in place and given a chance to heal.  Everything I read says to continue running, so I am.  I just also thought a rest plus ice might be in order.
Also, off topic, our first belly dance performance was last night, so check back for a short video!

Comments

Ruthie said…
oh.. cant wait..

so happy you got the knee thingie
is it YOUR knee or someone elses?

video please

waiting
Unknown said…
woo hoo! hooray for running!

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New