Another reason to love running

Before I go for my 40 minute run today, I had a few thoughts.  First, MizFit challenged her readers to random acts of kindness and beauty today.  That's fun because it gets me thinking of someone besides myself and my own family!  I realized as I read her post that I easily become over-balanced, happy in my own little world.  Then, I read FanFit's blog post about balance and thought some more about balance in my life.  That was one of my new year's goals...balance.  I've done better at it, but could be better at it.  I really love that I've gotten more into distance running for this reason.  I have to balance many things in order to make it the whole distance.  There are so many balancing thoughts that enter my mind as I run, before I run (eating a balance of carbs, protein, and good fats), after I run (nutrition again), and between times (resting and cross training).  All of it is a good mind exercise.  Today, I am going to stop along my favorite trail, that is kept up by a sweet lady in town who makes sure the trails are nice, and I'm going to replace the rocks that have washed away from the edges of the trail.  Should be fun and "balancing" for me!!  Any thoughts today about balance?  Any randomly kind acts you can think to do?

Comments

carla said…
love all the BALANCE you pointed out.

Im so good at some (the foods :)) strugging for others (workfamilyWIFING) and *struggling* with others (HELLO BOSU!)

thanks for the shout out & playing along yesterday.

Miz.
Unknown said…
What a fun idea! I may just try to do that today.
sauchagirl said…
I'm going to bring a meal to a friend who just had surgery. That's about as nice as I get today : )

Balance. . . good point. I should think more about that.

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New