running thoughts
I'm not home yet! We had to stay longer than planned, so I'm back in Austin. So, I got to run one more time here in the humid heat! My thoughts as I ran:
"I really should have gotten out here earlier. It's freakishly hot and sticky out here. Oh! There's some shade (speeding up)...ah, shade is good! (slowing down through the shade in an attempt to make it last) When I get home, I'm going to concentrate on enjoying the cool air more. Yay! Here's my favorite little downhill part of the trail! I wonder why my knees feel so stiff today??? hey, they put new pea gravel here...can't go over it, can't go around it, must go through it(trudge, trudge). Already to the round about! Ok, that means that I'm almost to the big hill. Why do I keep forgetting to dump the little rocks out of my shoe? Ok, here's the hill...yiiiikes! too fast (slowing down, twisting my ankle just a little). All right, back on track. I wonder if I look as ridiculous as I feel? (turning around, gearing up for the run back UP the big hill... ) I wonder if I can make it to the first step without stopping. (sudden thoughts of scooby doo running, but not getting anywhere as I feel my legs moving, but seem to nearly be staying in one place; I make it to the step and allow myself to walk) Bummer, I wish I could run the whole thing, but at least I ran farther. I guess I'll run again when I get to the top of the hill. Already to the top? ok, run! back to the round about, close to half way. yay, my other favorite spot is coming up! I think I'll run it really fast! Sprinklers came on!!!!! YIPPPPEEEEEEE! Wow, that felt so good! Now, I think I can make it all the way without walking. OOOH...I think I'll turn left here and run up this hill so that I can run back down it. whooosh! That was fun! Almost back! I don't like this song. (pushing the button for my power song) That's better! Made it. Now, WATER!"
Comments
sounds like you had a great run!
I am looking forward to mine tomorrow morning :) will be thinking of you!
happy trails :)
blessings
r
It's funny that you were able to recall your thoughts. I get done running and I swear I forget all the great thoughts that I had. I know I am inventing something incredible on my runs. I just can't remember what it is!