Stairway to Fitness-one year

One year ago, our family went fishing...We walked down this set of steps to the river. There are 91 steps...very, very steep. You can't even see the bottom of the stairs in this picture....This first picture is from the top looking down. I realized as I fought for breath on this stairway, that I was more out of shape than I had EVER been. I honestly thought I would faint before reaching the bottom. On the way up, I had to stop and rest for minutes at a time FOUR times. I still struggled even with the rests. When I reached the top, I wanted to kiss the ground. This was the stairway that changed me. I decided at the top of this stairway that I would re-claim my health.

Today, one year later, our family went fishing...We walked down this set of steps to the river. There are 91 steps...very, very steep. You can't even see the top of the stairs in this picture...This second picture is from the bottom looking up. I realized as I RAN these steps today that I am more fit than I have EVER been. This time, I thought I would faint from the beauty that I took in all around me...the mountains, the river, my family laughing as they fished. I did not stop to rest today. Instead, I took the steps up and down, over and over. When I reached the top (again and again), I wanted this time to sing, and I did. I have re-claimed my health. I conquered the "steps."



Here I am, victorious! Too bad the pic isn't better...I got a cute running skirt when I went shopping with Misty!

Comments

Sarah said…
YEAH! You're so inspiring :) Congratulations on your 1 year mark!
flowerpot said…
I really am speechless, which is good because I'm crying and if I tried to talk .. my voice would be all wiggly and crackling. I'm so proud of you, Josh. When you told me you were down to a size 8, way back when, I was thrilled for you. You actually gave me the courage to believe that it was possible to come back from such a discouraging place.

I just don't have the words.

love you so much! M
Unknown said…
Oh Josha! Congratulations! I'm almost in tears, so proud of you! Thank you for being such an inspiration! I can't wait to have you around again.
Ruthie said…
Beautiful post!
wow. Congratulations! Thanks for posting it!

do you love your running skirt? just dont accidently dry it in the dryer like I did mine.. it shrank a bit and rides up between my legs when I run :( use to not do that ..

What a great year! Cant what to see you this time next year!

Keep on Truckin!

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New