tired

I had all these bloggy thoughts in my head yesterday as I ran through about 6 inches of snow. ...Now, what were they?
I recall thinking that 4 miles was going to be impossible. I was planning on 4 because my long run works best on Monday, and according to Ruth's plan, 4 miles was my long run for the week. I was right though, 4 miles got me into deeper and deeper snow, not actually impossible except that I had a time limit....it was slooooow going. And I was so tired.
I recall thinking that snowshoes would have been in better order.
I also recall concentrating so hard on picking the best path and not turning an ankle, that when I went home I was soooo not relaxed as I had wanted to be after a run. And tired, wow.
I remember this one spot where I could hear the river trickling through the ice and that I thought how lucky I am to live where I do.
I remembered being oh so tired from plowing through the snow, and wondering who it was whose footprints I could see. 2 other people left proof of their insanity in the snow before me.
I came home and ran/walked the last 1.5 miles on the treadmill. Surprisingly enough, that was even harder.
I know that part of it is that when I was sick I couldn't keep my thyroid replacement down....that's part of why I'm so tired, but wow....I'm really tired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New