Tough Girl Wishlist
Each winter, I end up losing mileage...so now when winter comes, I just *plan* to lower my mileage. Then, I'm not disappointed. For example, last winter was the first winter that I just "went with it" and lowered my mileage purposely. So, when I managed a 9 miler one weekend, I felt like I'd gone above and beyond. The winters before, my mileage just dropped...busy with homeschooling, etc. in winter, and I was disappointed. This winter, I got sick and then sick again and then travels...so I'm thinking a long run will be 4-5 miles this weekend. So goes winter. Seems strange since it's actually my favorite time of year to run. I relish the cool air in my nostrils and throat. I can almost hear the snow crunching under my steps right now. Plus, I feel so tough....running in the snow and cold.
I am tough. I am. As I look at the list of races I'd like to hope for this year, I feel really super tough. I'm not sure which ones I'll get to do or if I'll swap some for others if friends are running a fun one nearby, but here's the wishlist:
June: Lake San Cristobal 10K
July: Ruthie's Freedom Run
Sept: Creede Mountain Run 22 miler
Sept: Mountainair Marathon
Oct: Disney Wine and Dine (if not this year, then next)
Comments