Yay, Raspberries! And spotted fawn
Well, since I last posted, I've been sick with a miserable cold...Now, I'm mostly better... I ran twice while guests were here before I got sick. And then Kaegan and I hiked/ran one day while everyone else fished.
The last of my company left today, and I departed for a little 2 mile jaunt. There were loads of ripe raspberries! I felt fast and light (I have lost some of the unwanted weight...Yippee!!!) and ran fartleks which are fun and a funny word!
Fartlek, which means "speed play" in Swedish, is a form of conditioning which puts stress on the whole aerobic energy system due to the continuous nature of the exercise. The difference between this type of training and continuous training is that the intensity or speed of the exercise varies, meaning that aerobic and anaerobic systems can be put under stress. Most fartlek sessions last a minimum of 45 minutes and can vary from aerobic walking to anaerobic sprinting. Fartlek training is generally associated with running, but can include almost any kind of exercise.
On my cool down, I saw a mommy deer with her two babies who were cute, cute...spotted like Bambi.
Fun, beautiful, cool, lighthearted, light on my feet...YAY!
Comments