run today

sloppy slushy muddy gunky slippery slimy gooey swamp
That was my running terrain today. Kind of like running in mire. The mud would build up in the treads of my shoes until I was carrying weights on the bottoms of my feet and landing on platforms of mud with every step. Then I would kick it off and keep going. Where it wasn't muddy, it was either slushy or slippery. However, I thoroughly enjoyed myself as I finally felt well enough to try a run!! After 5 days of feeling way too sick and way too tired to run, I felt almost like myself today! And it was 40 degrees! And sunny. I thought I might melt. I only went for 30 minutes, but I felt like running the whole time which I didn't expect after being sick. Nice.
I meant to take last week to decide what I want to do as far as lifting goes, but with all the sickness, I haven't thought much about it. So, I'll have to figure that out. It's still on hold for the moment.
Unfortunately, my youngest son is still sick. I took him to the medical center today with a sore throat and mysterious swelling in his toes and knee....should hear back about the bloodwork tomorrow. Poor little guy..hates needles.

Comments

Ruthie said…
you should make mud pies :) that sounds fun! :) video would be fun too! :)

so happy you r out back in running :)

praying for your youngest!
Unknown said…
im so glad it was DRY yesterday!!!!!