i miss the good ol' days...

I'm really happy that people are using the community gym (it's free and fairly well-equipped), but I miss the good ol' days when I was the only one in there.  I tried twice today to go, but I had to take both boys with me and when other people are in there, 2 bouncy boys are not welcome.  Both tries were futile for us because there were groups of people working out in there!  That's exciting, but inconvenient for me.  And isn't it all about me, after all?  No?
Well, we came home and I did "giant sets" of body weight leg exercises.  Giant sets are doing 3 exercises for the same muscle group in a row with no break between for 15 reps.  Then, rest about 30 seconds and do it again and then again.  So, I may not have gotten to do my heavy legs day squats with the barbell like I'd planned, but I did manage to fatigue my muscles...even my calves which are not easily fatigued.  So I'm happy.
Today is the last day of school, too.  So we have walked all over this little town joining in on the festivities, including breaking a pinata that looked like Tigger and floating home-made boats in the creek.  I have a sunny glow about me (otherwise known as a sunburn) and we aren't even finished...there is still a carnival at the park.  This is a great, fun town.  I wish you were here!

Comments

Ruthie said…
totally know what you mean. i dont like summer that much as far as the library goes.. its soo crowded :)
we are so use to having the whole childrens section to ourselves when schools in session :)

great job on your workout though.. way to not let it make you NOT workout :)

happy end of school stuff :)
-r
Unknown said…
I wish I was there too. Sad I'm missing it.

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New