weird footprints

It's been so long since I got on here and posted that I almost forgot how to do it! In case you've wondered, I've been movin' and groovin' along...running and working out with the Insanity dvd's with some friends. I have re-evaluated some things and mulled some things over and had lots of bloggy things I wanted to say, but haven't. So, today could be a catch up day which feels too overwhelming with all the time that has passed or today could just be today, and that's what I choose. So, for today, I'd like to share some of my re-evaluation of myself in relation to running.

I've had this list of races I thought I wanted to shoot for. I've posted it, planned, thought about it...anyway....the more I think about it, the more worried I get which I don't enjoy. I'm not a fast runner. I constantly try to improve and find ways to enjoy God's world as I run through it. That's really what running is to me. Improvement, enjoyment. I'm really not a racer. I think the races look fun because I'd like to be with the people with the same interest and I'd like to visit some beautiful places. I can have both of those without worrying about comparing myself to someone else's time. I can improve my running and I don't have to enter races. I'm not saying that I never will, but it's more than racing. It's running.

All that being said, I want to set some goals that have only to do with me and my little world. I Plan to run Ruth's Freedom Run Half Marathon here in my neck of the woods, in lovely
solitude. I want to do it better than I did last year, meaning that I feel better at the end and faster although I don't remember my time last year! Ha! I'll probably run it either on July 2nd or 3rd. I'd also like to continue the training and run another one in the fall and shoot for a better time. I'd like to run farther than I've ever run (13.1 is my farthest run to date) this summer.

Also, while we are on the topic of today...Today was my first run in over a week. I've been visiting family for the past week and not running. I did, however, visit a running store. They were having a sale and I had a little spending money from filling in at the child care center here in town. So, do you notice anything new in this pic? (no idea why it's upside down..LOL)









If you guessed my shoes, you were right!


Short run, only 2 miles, but I ran some sprints and skipped over melted snow puddles. My lower legs got a workout. I saw wildflowers and got to admire my weird footprints on the way back.

I'm glad to be home and running again.

Comments

Ruthie said…
OH happy day! Josha is back! woowhoo! Loved your post! :)

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New