try again/new plans!

I have tried to blog...really, I have. But cyberspace ate my post and I got discouraged and am just now getting back to it.
The disappearing post was about the O2 Diet and how it doesn't give me what I need for running...I figured it out and if I can remember to drink some gatorade before I leave, I feel good...FINALLY. It had been a long time since a run felt good...since I had energy. I even ran a short 2 miler at under a 10 min pace..very quick for me. Yippee!
Interestingly, the author of the O2 Diet is a marathoner....I don't know how. The diet is supposed to give you energy, but I can tell you for sure, it isn't enough for me. I do love getting the anti-oxidants in and being more aware of those cancer fighting substances. I plan to do another few days of O2 cleanse after Christmas.
Here is a day of the O2 (not the cleanse, but just a regular day):

omelet with 1 whole egg and 2 whites with feta
orange
water with 1 ounce of lemon
cup of green tea
(black coffee, if I want it)

green apple with cinnamon and peanut butter
water

chili-lime talapia with mango salsa
romaine salad
oil dressing
water

red bell pepper slices with hummus

chimichurri flank steak
black beans
romaine salad
asparagus
water

The recipes are yummy. I like new, yummy, easy recipes.

On to today, skipping past my many workouts, runs, lifting.. to today....I'm formulating a plan for the new year that involves training for a half marathon, a marathon, and weight lifting (Lean System Success Plan-free download). More on that later. Today! Today, I went out with my birthday present, a garmin fore-runner! It was snowing like crazy and beautiful out. I took my snowshoes for a run. Well, it was a walk/run. I'm trying to get used to snowshoe running. It's a lot of work and a lot of fun. Easy to turn an ankle. I came very close several times and had to regroup. Some deer crossed my path...a group of about 6 does. Very pretty in the snow. My garmin seemed to work great. I haven't finished reading the manual yet, so I'm sure it does much more than I know of....but when I plug it into my computer, it shows me a graph of time/pace/distance/speed and a map of where I went. It tells me the elevation gain and lets me keep notes. I saw in the manual that I can set goals and it has preset interval workouts and where I can create my own. It has alarms that I can set like if I want to keep a certain pace. It'll beep if I go faster or slower than my goal range. It's going to be great on the trails where I can set points and find my way home...haha!
That about does it...more another time on my new plans!

Comments

Ruthie said…
LOVE IT! :)
wow the garmin sounds great!
wow.. now if it only ca me with a camera so we can see pics of those deer! :)

and your run snow shoes!!!

woowhoo!
I missed running today.. BUT got shopping done and have the living room carpet cleaned. now to finish the rest before bed LOL

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New