I meant for Sunday to be a 5 mile day, but when my daughter asked if she could run 3 with me, well...of course, I changed my plan to 3 miles.  She totally outran me too.  Too bad we don't have a middle school track team.  She really does have the endurance for a cross country team. 

I have great news!!!!  I thought I was just a slug, but NO!  My thyroid is waaaay off again.  That's all it is...whew!  I've been gaining weight around the middle for no reason (seriously, no reason), my running pace has gotten slower instead of faster, I'm tired all the time...among lots of other things.  Found out that my TSH level which should be around "2" is over "18."  Isn't that great in a weird way?  I take hormone replacement tablets and had my level down to a reasonable "5" or so, but apparently, I need to talk to the doc again.  Moral of the story?  If you have these symptoms, have your thyroid checked.  Note:  I have most of these symptoms, but not all.  

Anyway, I'm relieved to know that I'm not just an unmotivated slug.  I really have to just push myself daily.  It won't be easy to get my hormones back into a balance, but at least I know why I'm struggling!  

Yoga yesterday.  Ran 30 minutes today (should have been 40 minutes).  

Comments

Ruthie said…
so glad you found an answer.. that IS good news!
great job on the run.. and how well you have been doing especially becasue of your levels! wow.

way to go
Ruthie said…
ok.. its Thursday. how are you feeling?

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New