Miles I Call Mine
Twilight hangs over my blog.
It's far past time to write
of the miles and miles I've logged.
A runner's high, a mountain sky.
These are the things I love.
It's far past time to write
of the miles and miles under my sky above.
A runner's high, a mountain sky.
Thirteen point one, done.
It's far past time to write
of the miles and miles since then I've run.
A runner's high, a mountain sky...
These are the reasons for the
miles and miles I call mine.
After running 13.1 with Sara in July, I thought I'd keep building up the mileage...I wanted to run farther. Instead, I have cut way back on mileage, with the sole purpose of enjoyment being my run-master. I've run some hill sprints and accelerations and fartleks and other running terms that represent speedwork...but mostly I've just run for joy. It's been good. I can still shoot for my goal of running farther than I've ever run. In due time....
For now, I'm having fun, doing it my way.
It's far past time to write
of the miles and miles I've logged.
A runner's high, a mountain sky.
These are the things I love.
It's far past time to write
of the miles and miles under my sky above.
A runner's high, a mountain sky.
Thirteen point one, done.
It's far past time to write
of the miles and miles since then I've run.
A runner's high, a mountain sky...
These are the reasons for the
miles and miles I call mine.
After running 13.1 with Sara in July, I thought I'd keep building up the mileage...I wanted to run farther. Instead, I have cut way back on mileage, with the sole purpose of enjoyment being my run-master. I've run some hill sprints and accelerations and fartleks and other running terms that represent speedwork...but mostly I've just run for joy. It's been good. I can still shoot for my goal of running farther than I've ever run. In due time....
For now, I'm having fun, doing it my way.
Comments